- Won a silver medal as a member of Team Manitoba at the 2007 Canada Winter Games.
- Co-winner of the Hitmen Rookie of the Year Award in 2006-07 with Martin Jones.
- Patterns his game after St. Louis defenseman Eric Brewer and Detroit's Brian Rafalski, "they are both reliable defensively with offensive upside."
- He wears number 28 because his favorite number 20 was taken and 28 looks similar.
- Best piece of advice he received was from his midget coach Kevin Benson play the game with no regrets.
- He started playing hockey at the age of five for the Kirkfield Westwood C.C and played 11 years in the Winnipeg minor hockey system.
- Credits his parents for having had the most influence on his career, "they drove me to every practice, were at almost every game and they had to do it all with my brother at the same time."
- His superstitions include always putting on the left side of his gear first because he is left-handed.
- His most memorable hockey moments are playing in both the Bantam and Midget Manitoba Provincial Championships as well as winning a silver medal at the 2007 Canada Winter Games.
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was getting scored on after tripping over the blueline on a one-on-one and the most embarrassing song on his iPod is "Taking Chances" by Celine Dion.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Tiger Woods, Steve Yzerman, Bobby Orr or Don Cherry, "they dominated the sport that they were apart of one way or another. "
- If he could be in any one movie he would choose Mystery Alaska.
NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings
NHL Player: Steve Yzerman and Nicklas Lidstrom
Shootout move: "Slapshot top glove"
Goal celebration: "Stick raise with a fist pump"
Practice Drill: One-touch shooting drills
Video Game: NHL 08 and MLB the Show
Movie: A Night at the Roxbury
TV Show: Home Improvement
Actor/Actress: Mark Wahlberg and Jennifer Aniston
Group: All-American Rejects
Website: tsn.ca and whl.ca
Book: Steve Yzerman: Making of a Champion
Pump-up song: "Run to the Hills" by Iron Maiden
Food to cook: Nachos
Sport (other than hockey): Golf
Activity away from the rink: Playing on the outdoor rink and watching movies
Toy growing up: Table hockey
Place to shop: Abercrombie and Fitch
Place to visit: Cabin