- Helped Team Canada win gold at the 2008 Under-18 IIHF World Championships, scoring a goal and two assists in the tournament.
- Represented Team B.C. at the 2007 Canada Winter Games.
- Patterns his game after Ottawa's Mike Fisher because he’s a skilled two-way player and wears number 15 because it was given to him.
- Credits his parents for having had the most influence on his career and for having given the best advice of just playing his game.
- Began playing hockey at the age of three in the Little Gretzky’s program in South Delta where he then played his minor hockey for eight years.
- His most memorable hockey moment was winning the Bantam league championship and his most embarrassing hockey moment is forgetting his jersey and having to wear a sweatshirt over his gear.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Denzel Washington, Sidney Crosby and Jessica Alba.
- If he could be in any one movie he would want to be in Man on Fire and if he wasn’t playing hockey he would be playing baseball.
- His nickname is Rick because it’s his father’s name.
NHL Team: San Jose Sharks
NHL Player: San Jose’s Joe Thornton
Shootout move: “Fake backhand, shoot forehand”
Practice Drill: Shootout
Video Game: Guitar Hero
Movie: Deja Vu
TV Show: Prison Break
Actor: Denzel Washington
Group: Foo Fighters
Book: I’ve never promised you a rose garden by Joanne Greenberg
Pump-up song: “Let it Die” by the Foo Fighters
Food to cook: Pizza
Sport (other than hockey): Baseball
Activity away from the rink: Tennis
Toy growing up: Hot Wheels
Place to shop: Below the Belt
Place to visit: Vancouver