- Finished second in the WHL scoring race, one point behind Mark Santorelli, with 100 points (31-69--100) in 2007-08.
- Was named the WHL Player of the Month for December after recording 23 points (9-14--23) including a +6 rating in 12 games
- Played on his first hockey team for the Costa Mesa Blue Sharks, playing his minor hockey career for Costa Mesa and the California Wave.
- He got his start in hockey at the age of three when Wayne Gretzky got traded to Los Angeles – “when the Kings made their run in 1993 I really got into it."
- Patterns his game after Detroit’s Henrik Zetterberg – “he is a smaller guy but is very smart and sees plays that other guys don’t."
- Credits his coach Jack Bowkus for having had the most influence on his career – “he pushed me extremely hard and convinced me to come to the WHL."
- The best advice he has ever received was from his best friend Dave Pittaway who is currently touring with the Marines in Iraq – “we’re not here for a long time so make the best of it."
- He wears a head band from Japan for good luck before the games and his most memorable hockey moment was reaching 100 points in 2007-08 – “I worked very hard to get there and the fans were very supportive."
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was forgetting one of his skates and having to wear one that was too big along with one of his own.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: John Lennon – “my favorite musician”, Franklin D Roosevelt – “for the great things he accomplished” and Hunter Thompson – “my favorite author.
- If he could be in any one movie he would choose the Big Lebowksi and the most embarrassing song on his iPod is the “Hamster song” by Hampton and the Hamster.
NHL Team: Anaheim Ducks
NHL Player: Igor Larionov
Shootout move: Slapshot
Goal celebration: “Dropping the stick and trying to levitate it”
Practice Drill: Horse Shoe
Video Game: NHL 08
Movie: Easy Rider
TV Show: Chef Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares
Actor/Actress: Clint Eastwood and Uma Thurman
Artist: Bob Dylan
Pump-up song: “Call On Me” by Eric Prydz
Food to cook: Omelettes
Sport (other than hockey): Basketball
Activity away from the rink: Surfing
Toy growing up: Teenage mutant ninja turtles action figures
Place to shop: Swap meet
Place to visit: San Francisco