FSN ARIZONA RECEIVES RECORD NUMBER OF EMMY NOMINATIONS
Saturday, 09.08.2007 / 1:10 AM / Features
18 Nominations surpasses its previous best, set last year
FSN Arizona continues to be recognized as the premiere destination for regional sports programming by receiving more Emmy Award nominations than any other sports department in the Rocky Mountain Southwest Region. The Phoenix-based regional sports cable network garnered a record 18 nominations for the 2006-07 Rocky Mountain Southwest Chapter Emmy Awards, easily surpassing the network’s previous best of 10 nominations received just last year.
Further, the 18 nominations were fourth-most for any television outlet in the entire region.
FSN Arizona talent dominated the top sports anchor Emmy Award category with three-time winner Brad Steinke (2006, 2005 & 2003), Todd Walsh and Mark McClune accounting for three of the four nominations in the category. The 18 nominations were scattered among 12 different categories and among the shows that were honored were FSN Arizona original programming such as Steve Nash - In My Own Words, Luis Gonzalez – In My Own Words, Sun Devil Rewind, the Duel in the Desert preview show, Diamondbacks New Skin, Cardinals Rookie Diaries and the Diamondbacks Live pre-game show.
“Our record 18 Emmy Award nominations are a testament to the incredible talent and hard working staff we have assembled at FSN Arizona,” said Mike Connelly, FSN Arizona Senior Vice President & General Manager. “It’s our mission to offer the best in local sports television coverage and by almost doubling the amount of last year’s nominations, it’s apparent that we are delivering on that promise.”
Here are the 18 nominations that were received by FSN Arizona productions:
On-Camera Talent Sports – For Anchors, Sports Reporter, Sports (3)
* The Best of Brad – Brad Steinke
* The Best of Todd – Todd Walsh
* The Best of Mark – Mark McClune
Sporting Event/Game – Live/Unedited (3)
* Coyotes Live! Pre-Game Show – Kelly Hotzfeld, Jim Armintrout, Todd Walsh and Jim Cummins
* Duel in the Desert: ASU @ UA – Lori Sandrock, Marty Tarr and Al Porteous
* Coyotes @ Dallas – Andy Bock and Jim Armintrout
Sports - Program Feature, Segment or Regularly Scheduled Daily or Weekly Program
* Sun Devil Rewind: ASU @ Washington – Josh Kelman, Rusty Francisco, Brandon Buser and Craig Schwisow
* In My Own Words: Luis Gonzalez – Marcus Teats and Brad Steinke
* In My Own Words: Steve Nash –Josh Kelman, Tom Elsner, Brad Steinke, Craig Schwisow
Special Event Coverage – Live or Edited
* Diamondbacks New Skin – Cari Brodsky and Tom Elsner
Promotion Program – Single Spot or Campaign
* Suns Playoff :30 Image – Chris Lalas Papadimitriou and Martin Ade
Editor – Short Form
* Tom Elsner
Editor – News & Sports – No Time Limit (2)
* Goodbye to Gonzo Tribute – Derrick Abeyta
* Cardinals Rookie Diaries #3 – Marcus Teats
Lighting – Location or Studio
* Craig Schwisow
* Diamondbacks Live Pre-Game Show – Jason Lewis and Todd Walsh
Advanced Media – Sports
* Bonus Footage: All-Access with Pat Murphy – Josh Kelman, Craig Schwisow and Jim Escobedo
Advanced Media – Video Editor
* Tom Elsner
The Rocky Mountain Southwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences includes the states of Arizona, Utah and portions of New Mexico, Nevada and Wyoming. This year’s awards will be handed out on Saturday, Oct. 6, at the Renaissance Hotel and Spa in Glendale.
FSN Arizona televises the most regional sports action in the state and is the exclusive cable television home of the Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix Coyotes, Phoenix Suns, Arizona Cardinals, Arizona State University, University of Arizona, Arizona Rattlers and Phoenix Mercury. FSN Arizona is currently seen in 2.8 million households in Arizona & New Mexico and can also be seen across the country via home satellite services.