The Phoenix Coyotes 2011-11 season schedule is now available to Apple and Linux users and can now be downloaded to mutiple calendar programs and synced with the most popular mobile devices. The most popular being in the popular iCalendar format, a standard file format for calendar data exchange.
More importantly, this version not only works with Apple’s iCal for the Mac, but it also works with Mozilla Sunbird for Windows, Mac and Linux. Perhaps even more important, this version will work with the massively popular Google Calendar, a web-based personal calendar (not platform-specific) that synchs with any Internet-capable computer, and can even synch with some cell phones (smartphones).
iPhone users have the added advantage of being able to get this schedule into the Calendar app on the iPhone when they synch their phone with iCal on the Mac, Exchange or Outlook on Windows or Google Calendar.
And the list doesn’t stop there. Other applications that can make use of this schedule include Microsoft Entourage (Mac), Novell GroupWise, PHP iCalender, Webical, Windows Calendar, Windows Live Calendar and the Zimbra Collaboration Suite.
NOTE: You will need to have the .csv translators installed in Microsoft Outlook to import the schedule. The Import Wizard should tell you whether or not you do. Most default installations of Outlook DO NOT have the translator(s) installed. If your installation does not, you will need to have your Microsoft Office CD handy.
- Click the link below to download and save the “2011-2012PhoenixCoyotesSchedule.csv” and save it to your desktop.
Once completed you can delete this file.
- Launch Microsoft Office Outlook, click on “File\Import and Export” and select “Import from another program or file” and click “Next”
- Select “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” and click “Next”
- Click the “Browse” button to locate the “2011-2012PhoenixCoyotesSchedule.csv” that you saved on your Desktop in step one. Select “Replace duplicates with items imported” and click “Next”
- Select “Calendar” for the “Destination Folder” and click “Next”
- Verify that the “Import “Calendar into folder: Calendar” is checked and click ”Finish”
FIREFOX USERS: If your browser is Firefox, you will need to right-click (or control-click for Mac users with one mouse button) on the ICS link and save the ICS file to your desired location. Click on the downloaded ICS file to open up iCal. You will be asked if you want to import the calendar into an existing calendar or to create a new calendar.
iPHONE: iPhone users that use iCal (Apple) or Exchange (Windows) can download and install the schedule to their iPhone if they are syncing calendar items.
MOZILLA SUNBIRD: Another calendar app, Mozilla Sunbird (available for Windows, Mac and Linux), will also read the .ics file.
All times are Mountain Time. Once you import this file, you cannot delete or uninstall it. The only way to remove the calendar entries is to delete each entry individually. You may consider making a backup of your Personal Folder File (.pst file), should you want to restore your Outlook calendar. See Outlook Help for more information about making backups.
DOWNLOAD THE SCHEDULE
• Phoenix Coyotes 2011-12 Schedule, Outlook version
• Phoenix Coyotes 2011-12 Schedule, Mac/iCal version (.ics file)
Disclaimer: This software is provided as is and is to be used at the risk of the user.